Shoe Weight: 11.85 ounces
Shoe Height: Low
Court Type: Indoor
Fast paced and agile, a low profile and excellent stability characteristics, Viper enables an impeccable close-to-the-ground court feel. The latest generation (5th) of Salming Viper comes with a complete new upper, the ViperSKIN, a synthetic lightweight sandwich construction that provides excellent support and stability. The most prominent of Salming technologies that has been the backbone of previous Viper generations are still present - The RollBar, The LMS and LMS Plus 11 etc. In addition, Viper5 has the new RunLite2 midsole foam which offer a lighter shoe with more energy return.
- ROLLBAR - An increased radius on the inner side of the outer sole, facilitates rolling the foot inwards and toe push off. Reaching for that stop ball in squash or covering a shot in floorball is made easier with the RollBar technology.
- T.G.S. 62/75 - Torsion Guide System. The distance from heel to the ball of the foot (62% of the shoe) has been designed with extra stability, which ends in the so-called "ballet" line, a 75 degree angle. In front of the 75 line, we have equipped the shoe with greater.
- EXOSKELETON - The exo skeleton design stabilizes the foot for lateral movements and reduces pressure at the MTP joints (Metatarsophalangeal joints). It is important to keep the foot stable medio-lateral, avoiding friction and side forces in the soft parts of the foot sole, especially underneath the forefoot.
- ERGO HEELCUP - To stabilize and fixate the heel, which is key to providing a great fit and comfort, we have developed a new anatomical Ergo Heel Cup that is slightly longer than the average heel cup.
- HEXAGRIP - A new very durable lightweight rubber compound - HX120 - that features Salmings HexaGrip pattern designed for the best possible grip on all indoor surfaces.
- LMS - Lateral Movement Stabilizer - an especially designed light weight integrated dual torsion unit that supports the foot during fast and irregular lateral movements.
- LMS+ - Fast lateral stops expose the foot to the risk to roll over outwards, causing injuries. LMS+ (Lateral Movement Stabilizer Plus) is a unique design with a positive angle of 8 degrees that prevents the foot from rolling over outwards.
- RECOIL - The material in the midsole is a newly developed compound named RECOIL which is a super lightweight cushioning compound that releases a higher rebound energy effect. The Recoil R - as in Recoil Reduction - is a cushioning compound.