Shoe Weight: 11.8 ounces
Shoe Height: Low
Court Type: Indoor/Outdoor
If you are in between sizes we recommend ordering 1/2 size down
The Tyrol Striker Pro V pickleball shoe is produced for the serious player who demands on court performance, stability and durability from their footwear product. The wide toe box fit ensures a comfortable fit and through an exiting partnership with Vibram an outsole that meets expectations on outdoor surfaces. The medial side power clip and exterior heel counter adds stability and support for the advanced player.
What makes Tyrol Pickleball Shoes different from tennis shoes? Both shoes are designed for court play, and both are suitable for both sports. Both products are designed for lateral stability, and both are much better than a running shoe, which is designed predominantly for forward action movement only. Tyrol has made specific changes to their shoe designed explicitly for pickleball by adding more width and height in the toe box to prevent bruised toes a common injury in pickleball. The added depth in their design also provides for the insert of custom orthotics, which are sometimes challenging to fit in shoes with shallow toe boxes in many shoes designed for tennis. They also were attentive to ensuring a stable playing platform that provides traction and torsional support to prevent rolling your ankle in the quick side to side movement of pickleball.
- Arch Support: Insole/footbed is made removable and the standard insole is soft and not pronounced in the arch area
- Toe Box: 2E Width
- Weight: Size 10 - 14.7 ounces
- Heel to Toe Drop: 4mm
- Stack Height: one inch and 1/2 inch at the forefoot
- Multi-Court: Non Marking Sole for both indoor and outdoor court play
- High-Durability Vibram® Outsole: Vibram® is the world leader in rubber outsole manufacturing and we have collaborated with them on Tyrol's outsole design. They have formulated an X Abrade compound specific to use on painted silica grit treated pickleball courts to ensure performance grip, stability, and durability.
- Lightweight Material: Tyrol's removable insole is EVA base with Nylex top. EVA is a lightweight cushioning material. The insole has holes in the arch area to allow for breathability and flow-through ventilation.
- Heel Stabilizer: The heel stabilizer is designed to give lateral stability to the player. Tyrol uses a sculpted last during the construction of their shoes that creates a curved heel. This curved heel sets your foot snuggly into the back of the shoe and provides correct alignment to prevent an ankle rollover.
- Power Clip: The Power Clip is the name for the rubber toe bumper that moves up to the medial side of the shoe to add support for stepping into your shot. It also gives toe draggers more support at the toe and medial side of the shoe.
- Complete Aeration System: Tyrol designed a flow-through cooling system thats allows air movement and ventilation through the insole, midsole and outsole of the shoe.
- Torsion Control Shank: Tyrol built a torsion control shank to provide lateral stability and support to prevent rolling an ankle in the quick side to side movement of pickleball.
- Generously Wide Toe Box: The kinetic movement in pickleball is a start and stop forward action sport with quick lateral short step movement. For this reason, Tyrol has used a wide toe box both in width and height to prevent toe injury that is prevalent in the sport.